Busy Madison law firm with four Attorneys is seeking a Legal Assistant (paralegal) to assist in civil litigation, family and bankruptcy law matters. Work station has a great view of downtown and the lake. Those with paralegal skills are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Drafting, proofreading and finalizing documents including correspondence, pleadings, briefs, orders, etc.
- Electronic case filing with U.S. District, Bankruptcy and Circuit Courts
- Communication with clients and other attorneys on a daily basis
- Maintaining multiple calendars with precision
- Filing and organizing with exactness
- Handling multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously with excellent attention to detail, follow through ability, and initiative
- Balancing multiple immediate directives with day-to-day activities
- Managing office equipment status and ordering and maintaining office supplies
- Maintaining day-to-day office environment in orderly manner
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to self-prioritize assignments
- Highly organized and self-motivated
- Ability to work well with co-workers, attorneys, clients, potential clients and vendors
- Positive attitude, excellent communication skills and professional manner are a must
- Prior experience in a law firm environment is preferred but not necessary
- A post-high school degree is a definite plus
Please respond with a short statement of interest in this position along with your resume and contact information.