At Steinhilber Swanson LLP, we take pride in educating our clients and colleagues in the legal industry.
Partner James Sweet was recently featured in a Harney Partners Q&A, covering the topics of bankruptcy and assignment for the benefit of creditors (ABC). He provided thorough and insightful answers to questions such as:
- What are the primary differences between Chapter 11 bankruptcy and ABCs?
- What are the appointed receiver’s responsibilities during an ABC?
- Do ABCs and Chapter 11 bankruptcy share the same goals?
- When is an ABC likely to be more effective than Chapter 11?
- How do businesses operate during bankruptcy and an ABC?
- What is the role of management during bankruptcy or an ABC?
- Do these processes occur at the federal level or the state level?
- Are Chapter 11 bankruptcy and ABC the only options available to the parties?