Claire Ann Richman
Claire Ann Richman
Claire Ann Richman (formerly Resop) is a partner in the bankruptcy and insolvency group of Steinhilber Swanson LLP in Madison, WI. In addition to commercial and consumer bankruptcy and insolvency matters, she concentrates her practice in litigation, contract disputes, debt collection and real estate.
Claire Ann has had a distinguished career, serving for many years as a Chapter 7 panel bankruptcy trustee. She has been selected since 2005 for inclusion in Wisconsin Super Lawyers, and in 2005 was also selected as one of the Top 25 Women Super Lawyers in Wisconsin. She served for six years as a director of the American Bankruptcy Institute (including the Seminars Education Committee), and as chair of the regional American Bankruptcy Institute Central States Advisory Board. She has held several leadership positions with the State Bar of Wisconsin Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Creditors’ Rights Section, including chair of that organization, and of its annual seminar retreat. She is a Master of the Bench in the American Inns of Court, and a Fellow of the Wisconsin Law Foundation. Over her career in bankruptcy, she has represented debtors, trustees, creditors, creditors’ committees, landlords, tenants, investors, been appointed state court receiver, and other parties in interest in the bankruptcy court and state court. She has also argued before the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.
Claire Ann is a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy issues and hot topics and has spoken at many conferences, including programs for the United States Trustee Training Program, the American Bankruptcy Institute, the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, the American Conference Institute, the UW Law School Bankruptcy Class, National Association of Credit Managers, News and Credit Collections, the State Bar of Wisconsin, the University of Wisconsin Law School, the National Business Institute, and Lorman Education Services. She is also a published author in the National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees Journal.
Ms. Richman is a debt relief agent. She helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Consumer Bankruptcy & Insolvency
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collection
- Real Estate
- Wisconsin, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1997
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2002
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2002
- JD University of Wisconsin Law School 1993
- BA Marquette University 1987
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Past Board of Directors, Past chair of Central States Advisory Board
- State Bar of Wisconsin Bankruptcy, Insolvency and Creditors’ Rights Section, Past Chair
- Western District of Wisconsin Bankruptcy Bar, Secretary
- American Bar Association, Member
- Dane County Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Bankruptcy Trustees, past New Trustee Advisory Board Member
- Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society, incoming President